Savour Ottawa is a membership based initiative, aiming to highlight local farmers, and provide official recognition of local businesses' (restaurants, retailers, microprocessors) commitment to using local food and supporting local farmers.
Food service (restaurants, hotels, caterers, B&B's)
Click here for printable applications
Savour Ottawa Membership Benefits
- Receive promotional marketing materials for your business (ie. farm posters, trading cards, restaurant booklets, retailer signs, etc) & opportunity to purchase additional materials at cost
- Individually profiled on www.savourottawa.ca
- Profiled at events, in media opportunities, and other promotional opportunities as they develop. Savour Ottawa, and its members, have received significant media coverage over the last year, and it is increasing
- Use of the Savour Ottawa logo and other promotional materials to promote your local business
- Opportunity to participate in seasonal media promotions (ie. maple syrup, berries, BBQ, harvest & winter delights)
- Included in the web-based Ottawa Buy Local Food Guide based on Google maps
- Part of provincial initiatives and organizations that are working in your industry (ie. Farmers’ Markets Ontario (FMO), Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance (OCTA), Savour Ontario, etc)
- Opportunities to become more aware of and connect directly with local food buyers / suppliers
- Invited to participate in business opportunities, promotions, events, and meetings
- Invitation and free admission to the annual Savour Ottawa Farmer-Chef Meet & Greet (held early winter)
- Exclusive access to the Savour Ottawa Online Inventory - a business-to-business tool that assists in the buying / selling of local food
- Be verified as meeting Savour Ottawa’s criteria for local food
- For farmers this means verification through Farmers’ Markets Ontario’s (FMO) MyPick™ Verified Local Farmer™ program
- For restaurants, retailers and microprocessors verified as meeting minimum criteria and therefore highlighted as committed to using local food and supporting local farmers
All members must go through a verification process before becoming a full Savour Ottawa member.
Savour Ottawa’s definition of local includes the City of Ottawa, its neighbouring counties, and the Outaouais. This includes:
This definition is based on the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s geographic definition of local.
For more detailed outline of membership benefits specific to your sector, click on the appropriate link:
Printable Membership Applications
Select the membership application that is most appropriate for your business sector.
All membership categories (including criteria, verification & benefits) were developed in consultation with the sector it represents.